Thursday 27 March 2014

It's always winter, and never Christmas. Part 1

Freedom , freedom, march break hurrah!!!!!!

Can you tell this week has been march break?

So it all started last Friday. Because of the teacher deal and unpaid days, I got hubbie home for Friday. We decided to go on a date!

Oh lone star. Can you say deep fried avocados with some amazing "mystery sauce"
Oh. My. Goodness.
Über wow.

Side note: how cute! It automatically made the umlaut over my u!

We also went for glow in the dark mini golf. I managed to only be behind Josh by 8.

So. Since we were gone til 630, that meant the girls were being put down by the babysitter.

I'd just like to say that I love our babysitter. She is fabulous. For her safety sake, Im not stating her name. So she shall be called the babysitter. That sounds so cold and unrelational, but....yeah. Im not sure my mom would have been thrilled that someone was blogging about me babysitting when I was a teenager. Except people didnt blog so much then. I also didn't babysit so much then. Like maybe yearly. Usually because kids never listened to me.
Not much has changed since then.

Anyway, our babysitter, put Sophia to bed early.
Not half an hour early.
Not an hour early.
Not even an houor and a half early.
2 hours early.

Apparently she was falling asleep on her feet.

She woke up at 330 the next morning.
The plan was, that after I got home from work ( yes I was working that morning) that we would head to Peterborough to celebrate my birthday with my mom. I was getting, shall we say, ornery as the morning went on and was VERY, shall we say, ornery when I was leaving the house later than usual.
Then my phone rang.
It was buried in my purse so I considered not answering it, as it was a another barrier to me getting out of the house. Good thing I answered it because my shift was cancelled. Imagine how great that would've been to drive all the way to work only to find out there was no one there....hah!

So it was good to have the morning to prepare for travelling. The previous week had been the free mcdonalds coffees....we had gotten...many...and so had saved up our stickers to get free drinks. On the way we stopped at mcdonalds to get drinks. I asked if the free drink included the chai latte and they said no. I had originally wanted a smoothie, which I discussed with Josh in the car but didnt ask about.
So Josh ordered...some kind of coffee with chocolate and I ordered a hot chocolate with the toasted marshmallow on top. We got to the window and waited........and then the girl comes over and says they have no chocolate syrup and if we rea`lly want it, it will be a ten minute wait. So we had to order something else. Josh chose and I couldnt choose.....when I said I don't really like coffee that much, they said I could get whatever I wanted. Including a smoothie. The look Josh gave me was a mixture of hilarious and pitiful. I got a smoothie.
It
was
GIGANTIC.
I got another indescribable look from Josh. I got a flavour I thouoght he might enjoy so we could share it but he didnt end up wanting much LOL.

We had my birthday dinner at moms. She made this broccoli casserole that I actually loved as a child. At my request. SHe also made a humongous cherry cheesecake. We watched a movie and i ate half the piece of cake at the begining of the movie and the rest at the end. Phew. So good though. I got this awesome nail stamping kit with jewels and etc from mom. Its one of those things you apparently have to experiment with a bit because the stamp is a bit smooth and shiny. Ive done some research though and apparently nail filing it works ( it does) unfortunatly I havent had as much time as Id like to play around with it.

My birthday was sunday the next day. I got to have a soak in the tub in water that was actually hot ( our hot water tank kind of sucks. Im not complaining, because we do have hot water, but by the time our tub fills up the water is ice cold coming from the tap) and I got to facebook chat with my seester since it was sunday. My dad called a little later and the conversation went something like this:
(after singing happy birthday to me)
Dad: I wasn't sure if you were going to chapel or not so I thought I'd call before
Me: (glancing at clock: 10:15) uh...if we were going to church we'd have to leave now.....
Dad: its only 915!
Me: no...its 10:15, we had the time change last night
Dad: WHAT?! No, i think you are mistaken
Me: no seriously
Dad: I'll have to check on the tv.....*turns on tv* Oh...you are right! well.....
Heh.
We talked to Momma G and Jeremy as well. Later that night I went out for dinner with a few people and we had the restaurant to ourselves basically. It was nice to feel like Christina for a few hours. It was hilarious though because the waitress at one point changed the songs and "Closing Time " came on. We wondered if it was a hint. I laughed uproariously of course. The waitress realized shortly after we did and ran over to change it. She said it wasn't on purpose...but it actually was closing time LOL. I got a free apple crisp for supper which I tried to share but the crust was so hard that it just made everything ooze out everywhere.

Turning 30 wasn't so bad :)

The next day some family came to visit which was nice. They had some humongous cheesecake too. Then the girls napped and we headed home. They were getting a bit cabin feverish and my moms house, as a childless house should be, is not the most childproof.

I will end part one here.

No comments:

Post a Comment