Thursday 13 February 2014

Ode to figure skating.

Oh the winter olympics.

No other sports broadcast gives me such chills and a sense of anticipation.

Why this year especially have I been so excited?
I will tell you.

1. This year they decided to make DOUBLE the figure skating. I had no idea the team event was happening and when I realized that there would be extra figure skating, I was over the moon

2. Full event replay. Cuz I have no time to sit and be engrossed in figure skating at 10am when both babies are awake and demanding things like....clean bums, food and love and attention.

3. Evgeny Plushenko.

I had an evening to myself last week to watch figure skating. When I saw him I understood the girls in old footage from beatles concerts. You know the ones where the girls are just beside themselves, screaming and trying to put lipstick on but it ends up all over their forehead because they are shaking so bad?
Inside, last thursday night, I had a beatles girl inside.
I firmly told myself that a adult married woman should not be wanting to shriek over the presence of a cocky brat figure skater.
Hehehe.
Esther, one of my oldest and dearest friends used to call him bird man. Because of his nose. But I didnt care about his looks. I just cared that he beat Alexei Yagudin ( I came to love his skating a short time later. When he stopped giving interviews about how he was the best. And learned more english so he didnt sound so stuck up).
Its just nice to see someone from the old days....you know? Except when they talk about his age. Then I remember Im not 17 anymore.

Anyway. Super excited to see the individual competitions. I got to see some pairs last night. Totally sad for the canadians who bombed, and totally happy for the canadians that didnt. Hoping theres a "magic" performance for someone at some point. I just love those moments....Like Jamie and David's love story in salt lake city.

Yes Im a geek.

Meema woke up and woke up the children in the process and now shes going back to sleep. Hmph.

Well at least it shut up my pathetic ode to figure skating. Yes thats what I shall call this.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment